Friday, June 19, 2009

A is for Abe Sapien

Here's a sketch of Abraham "Abe" Sapien, one of my favorite B.P.R.D characters.


B.P.R.D (Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense), published by Dark Horse Comics, is one of my favorite comics these days. It tells the story of an elite federal agency whose mission is to protect the world from supernatural menaces. The book is co-written by Mike Mignola and John Arcudi, drawn by Guy Davis and colored by Dave Stewart, all of whom are top-notch creators, and who consistently deliver fantastic work month after month. Once I start reading a new issue of B.P.R.D., I usually can’t put it down until I finish it, and then I want to kick myself for not taking the time to read it s-l-o-w-l-y, because waiting for the next book to come out is torture (The Universal Machine, Killing Ground and The Warning are my favorite books in the series, but all of them are great).

No comments: