Monday, June 1, 2009

Golden Age Shoot-out (recap)

Over the past few years, talented writer-cartoonist Jon Morris and I have been involved in a friendly, occasional cartooning joust, where we challenge each other to drawing different comic book characters, panels and/or covers from the 1930’s -1950’s, the period commonly referred to by comics fans as “The Golden Age”.

I finished my drawing for Round 9 and will be posting it tomorrow, but before I do that I thought I’d post the earlier entries, for those of you who didn’t catch them the first time around on my old WordPress blog:

Round 1: The Hourman


Round 2: The Atom


Round 3: The fully functional Hawkgirl paper doll, with two costume changes


Round 4: Batman (circa 1939)


Round 5: A bust of Mr. Terrific


Round 6: Golden Age Green Lantern (pencils and color by me, inks by Jon)


Round 7: The Vigilante


Round 8: Re-draw a splash page of All-Star Comics #33


The original:



See you tomorrow!

No comments: